ORIX Foundation Grants Nearly $2 Million to Nonprofits Helping North Texans in Need
DALLAS – ORIX Foundation, the employee-led charitable arm of the Dallas-based financial services company ORIX USA, has announced $1,828,500 in grants to 85 North Texas nonprofit organizations. The grants address the growing need among the region’s most vulnerable populations, including children at risk, impoverished families and veterans.
“In our work at ORIX USA, we are focused on smart investments that provide long-term solutions for even the most complex challenges. Through ORIX Foundation’s community grants, our employees apply the same level of determination to transform the lives of families in need in our community,” said Carol Greene, Director of ORIX Foundation.
Donations made by ORIX USA employees are matched by the corporation, and more than 99 cents of every dollar donated to ORIX Foundation is invested in community grants. Since the Foundation was launched in 2009, philanthropic giving has reached $8.1 million. This most recent round of grants includes investments in five strategic giving areas:
- Children at Risk. $989,000 to 42 organizations that advocate for and protect North Texas children and teens. This includes $25,000 to Mi Escuelita to provide SMART Boards for new classrooms in support of their STEM programming.
- Basic Needs. $329,500 to 17 organizations that provide basic needs like food, clothing and shelter to families and individuals. This includes $7,500 to CitySquare’s Opportunity Center to fund basic needs, health and wellness, job training and more for the working poor.
- Health. $242,500 to 10 organizations to fund programs that boost public health or assist individuals with disabilities. This includes $15,000 to PediPlace to fund acute and well care programs for uninsured children or children on CHIP/Medicaid.
- Veterans. $152,500 to 10 organizations that address the specific issues and needs of U.S. veterans and their families. This includes $10,000 to the Center for BrainHealth to fund programs that help active members of the military and veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress to maximize cognitive brain function.
- Empowerment. $115,000 to 6 organizations that provide intervention programs to build self-sufficiency for individuals and families. This includes $15,000 to Hope’s Door to fund domestic violence intervention and preventative services.
ORIX USA employees established ORIX Foundation in 2009 to encourage employee philanthropy and support nonprofits that meet the needs of families and children. The work of the organization continues to be predominantly managed by ORIX USA employees who volunteer countless hours of their time to fundraise, conduct site visits, review grant requests and otherwise operate the foundation. The Foundation’s next grant cycle opens May 1, 2016. For more information, visit orixfoundation.org.
About ORIX Foundation
ORIX Foundation is a charitable foundation sponsored and managed by ORIX USA Corporation and its employees to advance education, strengthen communities and improve lives. The foundation awards direct grants to not-for-profit organizations and matches the charitable contributions and fundraising of each ORIX USA and RED Capital employee up to $10,000 each year. Since it was founded in 2009, ORIX Foundation has committed $8.1 million to nonprofit organizations primarily in ORIX USA’s headquarters region of North Texas.
About ORIX USA
ORIX USA is a diversified financial company with assets in sectors spanning commercial finance, venture finance, commercial real estate and public finance. Its operating subsidiaries include Houlihan Lokey, RED Capital Group and Mariner Investment Group. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, ORIX USA and its subsidiaries have more than 1,400 employees and offices in major cities including New York, Los Angeles, London and Tokyo. For more information on ORIX USA, visit www.orix.com.
Michelle Jones, Sheahan Communications
(972) 849-7407 or firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #